THE UNSEEN EP 1


Good morning mum, good morning Dad, I greeted.

Good morning they chorused. We were about to have our morning devotion, I went to my room to get my bible when I heard an argument between my parent.

God! Why won’t these two just let me live in peace. I quickly rushed down the stairs before everything got out of hand. Just as I thought, my dad and mum has started fighting. I tried to get between them as I saw my dad holding my mum in the neck. I was thinking of what to do before my dad choke life out of my mum.

I cried and tried to separate them but all was to no avail. I don’t want to be an orphan yet even if I wish I am. I quickly rushed to the kitchen and took a knife and put it on my father’s neck to distract him. When I finally succeeded in distracting him, I directed the knife to myself and threatened to kill myself if they don’t stop fighting. After i succeeded in stopping fight, I dropped the knife, rushed down to my room and locked myself there.

I cried all day thinking of all the happenings. It was when there’s a grumbling in my stomach I realized I haven’t eaten since morning.

Why won’t all these worms just let me rest for once, can’t they just fast? I muttered to myself

I dragged myself out of the room and went to make myself some noodles. I realized my parent were not inside but I really didn’t care because I’m still angry with what happened this morning.

After I finished with the noodles and went back to my room. Few minutes later, I hear the door creaks, I didn’t bother moving an inch then some steps moving towards my room followed by a knock.

Jade, my mum called but I didn’t respond.

I know you’re in there please open the door, I still didn’t respond.

Jade please open this door, I need to know if you’re alright.

You want to know if I’m alright? I responded. You put me through all this stress every day of my life and expect me to be alright. Do you know the trauma I go through? Do you know the pain I feel seeing that the two human I call a family are not a unit? Mom you know what, just leave me alone okay.

Jade please I’m sorry,

Mum leave, I screamed.

The rain of tears that stopped falling began to get cloudy again. I really hate seeing my mum sad but I can’t help it now. I just don’t want to see any of them yet. That’s why I love Saturdays because I won’t have to worry about school the next day.

Comments