THE UNSEEN EP. 2
It’s Sunday morning I didn’t
feel like going to church cause I have this heavy pounding in my head due to
the stress I went through yesterday. I dragged myself out of the bed
to join my parent for morning devotion. Sometimes I just wonder why they
disturb themselves with this morning devotion.
I hurried to the
sitting room and greeted my parent. They didn’t answer and I did not care.
Jade, my dad called but
I didn’t bother to reply.
I know you’re angry, he
continues.
I’m sorry for what
happened yesterday, it’s just…..
It’s just what dad? I
said
You both put me through
this everyday leaving me with so much pain. Do you know how I feel seeing you
both like this? Do you know how much this affect me emotionally, physically,
mentally? Do you? Do you know how bad I feel when my classmates talk about
their parent, how happy they are and I have nothing to say? I segregated myself
from my classmates to avoid questions because I don’t want them to know the
kind of family I have. Do you know how hard I try to concentrate in class without
having all these incidents flowing through my head?
Mum, Dad what is
happening? Is this what family is all about? What kind of lesson are you teaching me? Are you teaching me to be aggressive? To be a violent person? But you know
what, I have said to myself that I will never be anything like you two. But do
you realize you’re creating a hole in my heart that will take a long time to
heal? I love you both and I want you to be happy. If there’s something that is
making all this happen, why don’t you just sort it out like grown-ups that you
are and stop fighting like kids because IT IS KILLING ME I screamed and rushed
into my room?
My mom’s pov
After jade spoke her
mind, I felt a sharp pain in my heart. I never knew my daughter was this
hurting. She never showed her pain, she was a strong
girl. After what she did yesterday morning, I was worried that I thought she
might do something to herself.
God! What kind of a
mother am I? I cried.
I pondered on the event
that has been happening since yesterday and decided to talk to my husband.
I knocked on my
husband’s door and he told me to come in.
I um... err, I fumbled
with words
I’m sorry, we both
said. I was shocked when he said those words. My husband has never admitted to
his mistakes. Let me start he said.
Maria, he said. I’m
sorry for all the pain I put you through. Sometimes I wonder what has happened
to us. I pictured us having a wonderful family and not this. I realized we
don’t agree on so many things. We fight on every little things, and I feel like
you don’t respect me anymore. That’s why I get aggressive at any little thing
you do. I know I have not been the best husband but I want us to start all over
again, I want us to understand each other. I’ve come to realize that love alone
can’t make a marriage going, but understanding, tolerating, accepting,
forgiving and a lot more and I see that these things we lack before the journey
of this marriage. I’m so sorry Maria.
I’m sorry too I replied
and we hugged.
Comments
Post a Comment